As a pet sitter, I encounter pet stains on an almost daily visit. I have become a pro at quickly and efficiently cleaning up the mess, so I have plenty of time to spend with my furry friends! Many times I am fortunate enough to find the pet stain on a hard surface floor instead of carpet – which makes for much easier clean up! I’m happy to share the tips and tricks that work so well for me!
Tips for removing feces stains from hard surface floor:
- Remove and discard the solids
- Wipe up any leftover feces with a papertowel
- Spray a surface safe cleaner (often one with bleach helps)
- Wipe up the stain and reapply the cleaner again, wipe again
Tips for removing urine from hard surface floor:
- Blot up the excess urine and discard
- Spray a surface-safe cleaner (containing bleach if possible)
- Wipe up the stain and repeat
Urine can be a bit trickier as it leaves a more “lasting” scent. Sometimes this scent is undetectable to humans but pets can still easily smell it. If a pet can still smell its urine scent, it may be inclined to eliminate in that area again.
Using a steam mop will also help get rid of any excess bacteria and odor. Steam mops are a wonderful tool for the pet owner! They heat up the water to a bacteria-killing temperature!
~Follow this North Wales Pet Sitting Service on Facebook! Or Contact Us today to set up your complimentary consultation!