Since I started my North Wales pet sitting business, people have often asked me why we stipulate daily visits for our kitty clients. Several people have stated that they have left their cat alone for several days with just some extra food and water and that their cat was fine.
A lot of thought and several factors have gone into the creation of our policy for daily visits to your furry friend. The most important reason is that a lot can happen in just a few days!
- Some kitties prefer a very clean litterbox. In their case when several days worth of excrement piles up, they will get upset and sometimes have accidents elsewhere.
- Some cats will eat all of their food that you put out for them within a couple of hours, either because they are big eaters or simply out of boredom! This would leave your baby starving until the owner gets home or until the next scheduled pet sitters visit.
- Kitties could also get into the trash or eat plants or other household objects that could be dangerous to them.
- Other kitties can play with toys and drop them into their water bowl, knocking water all over the floor and leaving them with none left to drink.
- We’ve seen cats vomit a hairball into their water bowl making it completely undrinkable! Imagine if this happened during the first day you left them and you weren’t coming home for another two days!
- One of the scariest things to consider is that “blockage” (a result of a urinary tract infection) can result in death within 24 hours. From personal experience with one of my cats, I’ve seen how quickly a urinary tract infection can lead to blockage. Blocked kitties need immediate medical attention.
Due to having witnessed all of these above listed factors, we simply cannot visit your kitty every other day. Cats need as much love and care as any other pet! Your North Wales cat sitter is proud to provide your furry feline with the best care and attention possible!