February is National Pet Dental Health Month! Some pet lovers might wonder if their pets dental health is important. The answer is YES! It might just seem like a case of bad breath, but periodontal disease is the most prevalent disease threatening the lives of our favorite furbabies! If pets’ teeth are not cleaned, brushed, etc it can lead to harmful bacteria buildup which can cause infections in their major internal organs! If your baby hasn’t had a teeth cleaning in a few years – its probably time!
Teeth cleaning for cats and dogs CAN be very expensive. Sometimes the final price can be over $1000. But there is good news – many Vets offer a discount this month! Call around to local Vets and find out who does the best work for the cheapest price!
- A professional teeth cleaning has many benefits including:
- It removes the harmful bacteria
- It gets rid of that horrible breath
- Painful teeth can be extracted so pets will have an easier time eating
- Most pets are back to normal the very next day
Some early warning symptoms of periodontal disease in our furbabies includes: stinky breath, bleeding gums, tartar buildup, changes in eating behavior and excessive drooling.