Vacation season is just around the corner! As we are planning our trips and booking our accommodations, many of us leave the care for our pets until the last minute. This is not always the best idea as kennels and pet sitting services often book up quickly in the summer months.
As your local Lansdale pet sitter, I’ll walk you through the easiest way to book your pet care coverage.
1. Kennel or Pet Sitter? The first decision you’ll need to make is whether it would be best to kennel your pets, or let them stay in their own home. While boarding and doggie daycare are a great match for some dogs, other pets may prefer to stay in the comfort and familiarity of their home.
2. Reviews! If you prefer the kennel route, check out the online reviews of your local kennels. If you would prefer your pets be cared for by a professional pet sitter, start your research early. Search online Pet Sitter Directories and online search engines for reviews of your local pet sitting companies.
3. Check out their website! Do they look professional? Do they have enough experience? Are they bonded and insured? Do they have testimonials?
4. Give them a call! Call a few companies up and ask them questions!
5. Schedule a consultation / meet and greet! Invite the pet sitter to your home. Walk them through your pets’ care routine. Do you feel comfortable with them?
6. Book your pet care! Now that you’ve found the best option for your furbabies – book your visits with the pet care provider. Generally its best to book early or they may not have an opening for your pets.