You are going on vacation and want someone to take care of your pets. You have already decided that you want your furbabies to stay in the comfort and security of their familiar surroundings. So who should you hire? Would you prefer to hire the neighborhood kid or a North Wales professional pet sitting company? Of course the neighborhood kid costs a lot less…
- The neighborhood kid might seem responsible, but will they arrive on time? Will they show up to each visit? Does their reputation depend on it? No…
- The kid next door probably doesn’t have as much experience as a professional pet sitting company. Pet Sitters spend all day, every day with pets and have learned how to deal with most situations that could arise!
- Pet sitting is not the neighborhood kid’s profession or chosen occupation. They may not take it as seriously as a professional pet sitter. They also may not spend as much time, attention or love as you would want them too.
- The neighborhood kid probably hasn’t taken a CPR and first aid class for pets. They may not know when to take your pet to the Vet or when immediate attention and action is needed.
- Most importantly-The neighborhood kid isn’t bonded or insured. Being bonded and insured protects both your home and your pet. If they leave the backdoor unlocked or your dog escapes, they are not covered! If something in your home goes missing, they are not covered!
So in the end, YES professional pet sitters do cost more! We cost more than neighbors, the kid next door, or your friend – but for good reason!