There are many benefits of having a pet in your life! One of the most important benefits of having a pet is the unconditional love and devotion they give! Pets can bring so much joy and laughter into our lives. Anyone that has ever raised a puppy or kitten can tell you that! Even the simple act of petting your dog or cat improves your physical and mental health.
1. Decrease of both blood pressure and heart rate
2. Increase of physical fitness by walking or jogging with your dog
3. Increase of Vitamin D from being outside with your pet
4. Increase in mobility from exercising with your furbaby.
5. Pet owning senior citizens are shown to have less frequent visits to their doctors than non-pet owners
Mental health improvements:
1. Petting your furbaby or even just watching your fish swim decreases anxiety & stress
2. Decrease in depression
3. Helps sociability due to pets being a conversation magnet
4. Increase in self esteem & feelings of being needed
5. Provide sensory stimulation for children with Autism
New studies are also showing that children raised in pet friendly homes are less likely to have allergies. Infants that are repeatedly exposed to pets within their first year of life often develop significantly less allergies than those who are not.